Saturday, June 02, 2007

Raving Over D.C.

You probably have seen their videos played in MTV, Myx or Channel V. They're the hottest band on my playlist these days. They're called Dashboard Confessional. I was amazed to learn that they've had three previous albums because I discovered them just recently.


“Tom Petty, Springsteen, Neil Young, and Pearl Jam…these are the people I look to,” says Chris Carrabba, the creative force and vocals behind Dashboard Confessional. “They do what they want and follow their hearts, going wherever their music is taking them. I look to those guys, and I start to think: how does it work for them? What were they holding on to, and do I hold on to that as well?”

If you haven't chanced upon their videos yet, or haven't listened to their songs, here are their two recent hit singles.

Stolen
I've got this song playing over and over in my player. Great video. Great violins on the acoustic version. I'm posting two videos of this song here. Can't get enough of it.



Vindicated
This killer of a song got included in the soundtrack of Spiderman 3. Great video. Great drums also.



No comments: