Sunday, June 10, 2007

Farewell, Mommy Len

I had an ominous feeling when i saw the subject of the message I received through Friendster. It's about my friend Len. Her battle with cancer ended last Thursday morning (june 7) at the Medical City. At a very young age of 36 she peacefully joined our Creator in her sleep and was cremated yesterday at 6pm.


Len and I became friends after working together at People Support. We were both neophytes in the call center industry. She was a very nice person. I can still hear her distinct laughter each time I cracked a joke. She told me lots of stories about her kids. Last year, she inspired me to quit smoking. That's when i first learned that she had cancer. She is always the proud one to say that she was a fan of my writing. She always checked out my blog.

I am so blessed to have had a friend like her. She will be missed. A lot.

No comments: