Monday, May 07, 2007

Onto The Next Level


Last Thursday, I got an unexpected text message from RJ Nuevas. He is the head of GMA's Concept Development Group (CDG), and wrote memorable soaps Villa Quintana, Anna Karennina, and Bakekang. He wanted to know if I was interested to be part of the CDG. He added that my name was recommended by Don Michael Perez.

I was elated by the offer. I immediately said yes. I also texted Don and said thank you. Finally, I'm gonna be, officially, an employee of one of the largest TV networks in the country. As part of CDG, my main responsibility is to come up and generate ideas and concepts that will be incorporated in various shows.

But I'm still in the running to become a writer for a TV show. I will continue attending the writing workshop with Don. We're now in Phase Two. Currently, we are brainstorming for Shaider, a new primetime show that will premiere in June. Hopefully, by the end of May or early June, I will be tasked to write an episode.

No comments: