Monday, May 14, 2007

Indelible Ink

I exercised my right to vote at exactly twelve noon today. I didn't have a hard time looking up my precinct assignment and verifying my name on the voters' list. The school wasn't very crowded yet. Either voters swarmed in early this morning or they would all cram before three PM. Maybe not too many wanted to take a late lunch. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad I picked the perfect time to go there.

I didn't bring with me a list of the people I'd be voting for. I was pretty much confident that I already know my picks by heart. So when I got my ballot, I sat down and started writing. I realized I was wrong. I hesitated on half of the senatorial candidates that I earlier considered. What I thought would take three minutes of my time ended up consuming fifteen minutes of serious re-evaluation. When I looked at the ballot i filled out, I was satisfied.

I didn't vote for Tessie Oreta. I almost did, but thought better. I voted for Jose Trillanes. He's young and principled, idealistic even. I voted for Ping Lacson. A penance for favoring Gloria Arroyo in 2004. I voted for Prospero Pichay. Not! Hahaha.

Well, that's just as much as I would like to disclose. I don't wanna be tagged as a kiss-and-tell voter. I feel proud seeing my index finger deglamorized by the indelible ink.

Now, let's not just sit back and relax while waiting for the election results. We should all remain vigilant that our votes are counted properly. At the same time, let's all say a little prayer for the fate of our nation.


No comments: