Monday, August 18, 2008

A Very Sad Love Story

Joe Black: It's hard to determine whether you really have a feeling for someone, or you are just carried away by the good things he does. You can't say if you are returning the love, or just returning the favor.

Celeste: Are you just scared to hurt my feelings? You can be honest with me. I'd appreciate that more. Don't worry, I can manage a heartbreak. So tell me - are you just carried away by the things I do for you? Are you just returning the favor?

Joe Black: Gusto ko yung ginagawa ko. Dito ako masaya.

Celeste: I just want to be able to bring you coffee knowing you'll be excited to see me and you'll be waiting for me at your doorsteps.

Joe Black: Ayokong maka-istorbo. You're with your friends. Just enjoy the night.

Celeste: You didn't get the point.

Joe Black: You know I do.

Celeste: Then why don't you allow me whenever I try to get near you? You know it hurts me a lot.

Joe Black: Magkikita naman tayo bukas e.

Celeste: Seeing you tomorrow sounds like a consolation prize. You're like a prize I can't win no matter how hard I try.

Joe Black: Then I'll be with you tomorrow. Kahit magdamag pa ako sa office mo.

After a long, awkward silence.

Celeste: Goodnight.

Joe Black: Ganito mo tutuldukan ang gabi?

Celeste: And suddenly, ako na ang masama?

Joe Black: Ah, okay. Ako nga naman pala ang masama. Sorry ha.

Celeste: I didn't say that.

Joe Black: Siguro, bukas, okay na ulit tayo. Sorry na talaga.

Celeste: I'm trying to make this work. But I can't do it on my own. Please, let me through the wall.

Joe Black: Dumating ka na ba sa puntong ayaw mo nang magmahal? Nakarating lang ako sa puntong yun nung na-realize ko na yung mga taong ayaw kong mawala sa akin, sila yung dapat kong mahalin nang walang relasyon, walang commitment. Hindi naman lahat ng nagmamahalan kelangan may relasyon. Ginagawa kong bestfriend or kapatid yung mga taong dapat, pwede, sana, magiging karelasyon ko kasi ayokong mawala sila sa akin.

He pauses for a moment.

Joe Black: Masama akong karelasyon. After the relationship, we're total strangers. I never entertain reconciliation, or even being friends. Ganun ako. Alam yan ng mga taong nakakakilala sa akin. Mahirap intindihin, pero eto ang totoo sa akin.

He pauses for another moment.

Joe Black: Masyado ka nang mahalaga para pabayaan kong mawala.

No comments: